Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cygwin git-svn doesn't work

All JRuby maintainers use git-svn for managing their versioning. But jruby on github supported manually.
I've also try to use git-svn on my Windows machine and encounter an error:
fatal error - unable to remap cygdb-4.2.dll to same address as parent
After some googling I've found similar problem for python on cygwin(git-svn uses perl).
Again 2-step solution:
  1. Exit all Cygwin processes and stop all Cygwin services.Execute ash from Start/Run... or a cmd or command window. In my case that was ssh,init, svn services and cygwin terminal.
  2. /bin/rebaseall

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for sharing this solution!

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Anonymous said...

Wow thanks for sharing this! I think you helped a lot of people this!